Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Action Research

I have learned that action research can be a very powerful tool that involves the people inside the organization to reflect, analyze, and solve problems. In contrast with other methods of research, action research focuses on the concerns of people within the organization and involves them in the research, data collection, and the explanation of data. Also, action research provides a plan to bring about certain changes or improvements to a campus.
I believe I would be able to use action research in my job as a technology teacher with providing effective feedback. One of my “wonderings” is how I can be more effective in providing relevant feedback to students. As a teacher, I have found that sometimes it’s hard to schedule those days to provide feedback and to re-address areas of concern because you feel like you have to stay on a schedule. Usually this schedule is mandated by the state, district, or principal. I believe that reflection and research on effective feedback would get my brain going with coming up with ideas of how to implement effective feedback to kids. My personal belief is that an assignment is pointless if they don’t know how they did or if a student earns a grade lower than a 100 and doesn’t know why they earned that grade. Just like the text explains, we all find ourselves with no time, but it’s all about doing what’s best for the kids, and building feedback into the schedule is best for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment